Thursday, September 27, 2007

How Karen Got Her Groove Back

Have I left you all hanging long enough? My off-season cross training activity is... drum roll, please... hip-shaking, chest-rolling, belly dancing! I stand in front of a mirror and make peace with my jelly, and hopefully as we become friends we can do a each other little favour: I show it off and it shall tighten up. There are muscles to whom I havn't spoken in a while, and I am challenged by making them move in new ways.

It's amazing how reserved and stiff we can be until we are moving our bodies with other women, showing off our bellies, and jingling scarves around our waists. We learn how to loosen up and giggle while we jiggle... Bill Cosby, eat your heart out! I seriously need to loosen up, though. I will be practicing in the car, doing dishes, taking out the trash, talking on the phone.... I hope that by Christmas I will be jingling my bells around my hips.

3 comments:

KPetrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faye said...

You shake your booty girl :)C-mas bells around your hips is an awesome idea...tee-hee

Stewart Kenneth Moore (Booda) said...

A belly-dancing Oenophile, I really like the sound of that.